Saturday 13 March 2021

Another day of reflection

Well, yeah, it was my seventy-first birthday, a day on which I might well reflect. But I'm actually referring to my obsession with the reflective surfaces of our downtown buildings. I got out for a short walk late this afternoon and caught the waning rays of the sun, perfect, as it turns out, for window reflections.

Dominion Building reflected in Talbot Centre

Dominion Building and One London Place reflected in old federal building





















Reflections in rear windows of Harrison Pensa building






















I also checked out the flooding at Harris Park. It has subsided a bit from two days ago when I was down there, and the river isn't quite so turbulent, but it's still high.


Harris Park from Queen's Ave bridge

Earlier in the day, I had a lovely birthday video chat with my darling daughter and her man. Louis, who has recently refused to nap, slept soundly in her arms through almost the entire call - the first time he's napped in weeks. It was a little galling for Caitlin who had trouble napping herself when in the throes of Covid because Lou was always wide awake, wanting to play.

Bob is better but is taking a little longer to throw off the virus. Caitlin seems fine now. Her senses of taste and smell are almost back to normal. Ah, to be young!

Earlier still, I received a lovely homemade birthday card from my darling wife. Here it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Too hot!

I was starting to think The Plague Years  might be dead, but no, here I am again, after a four-day break.  Summer has arrived in southwester...