Sunday 7 March 2021

Bored maybe

Another day done with little to show for it. Exercise, a little newspaper reading, briefly down the technology rabbit hole, crossword puzzling. Where did it go?

Rather than listening to my usual podcasts while exercising, I've been listening to a rather silly audiobook called Tombstone: Doc Holliday, The Earp Brothers and The Vendetta Ride From Hell. It's written by an ex-journo, Tom Clavin, and read by somebody called Johnny Heller, an author himself and also a voice actor. 

Heller sounds a bit like one of those old Hollywood cowboy actors, and the writing style reminds me of cheesy American TV documentaries. That said, Clavin has certainly done his research. And as much as I'm a slightly embarrassed to be listening to it, it's very engaging. The cover design is pretty much reflective of style and content.















*

I did get out for a walk this afternoon. The first direction I went was up. I rode the elevator to the top of the parking garage next door and took pictures of window reflections. I don't know why I'm preoccupied with this subject right now. 

There is something of the funhouse mirror, something of the picture frame and something of the mosaic in these mirrored building fronts. I think I'm just about finished with them now, though.











Then I just wandered around, shooting random subjects, not feeling very inspired. I was never more than a few blocks from home.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Too hot!

I was starting to think The Plague Years  might be dead, but no, here I am again, after a four-day break.  Summer has arrived in southwester...