Tuesday 16 February 2021

Where did the day go?

Here I sit at 10pm with not a word written in this silly blog. How does a retired person, in the middle of a pandemic lockdown run out of time in a day?

So I started to review. 

Up at 7. Breakfast. Watched the Leafs game I recorded last night - a shameful overtime loss to the bottom-feeding Ottawa Senators after they'd been leading at one point in the second period 5-1. Morning ablutions. 

Out on errands: pharmacy, LCBO, grocery store, Bulk Barrel. Can't remember what I did when I first came home. Rode the stationary bike for 35 minutes while watching Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb, a Netflix doc about the 2018 discovery by an Egyptian archaeological team of an intact 4,500-year old tomb. Shower.

Cooked dinner. Ate dinner. (We eat about 3 pm as part of Karen's anti-diabetes eating regime.) Went for a walk (took some pictures - see below). Processed some of the pictures I took on my walk. 

Played a game of Scrabble. (Karen handed me an otherwise close game near the end by putting the word 'jive' within reach of a triple-word score, forgetting it was also a verb and 'jived' is its past tense - I put down 'queued' with the Q on a double-letter score: 80-something points, game over.)  

Talked to sister Pat on the phone for 30 minutes or so. Made and ate my evening 'snack.' Watched an hour and a half of TV with Karen.

Yep. Day done.

*

I went out today, looking for some real London street art, and this time found it. There are a few spots downtown - back alleys between Dundas and King and between Dundas and Queens, and Clarence and Richmond - where the brick walls have been adorned by paint-and-run artists. It's not up to the standards of European cities in my opinion, but it's wild and vivid. Definitely transgressive.

Here's what I've got so far.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Too hot!

I was starting to think The Plague Years  might be dead, but no, here I am again, after a four-day break.  Summer has arrived in southwester...